A leading global financial services firm’s Americas’ division had acquired several large companies and was in the midst of integrating their IT infrastructures. Several of the company’s acquired companies had significant aspects of their IT Infrastructure outsourced to major vendors. Through their consolidation of data centers in the U.S., the company had reached economies of scale in their data center operations that negated the advantage to continue the outsourcing of their IT Infrastructures to certain vendors.
The company required the insourcing of a business units’ infrastructure from a major US base outsourcer. A significant effort was undertaken to bring all of the outsourced systems and services in-house.
The company required IT Infrastructure project leadership to manage various components of their insourcing efforts.
An Aeritae resource led the effort to insource of the outsourcer’s network, desktop, external business partner connectivity, mainframe print, and employees.
This project included:
- The first phase of this project included the alignment of stakeholders and resources within the company and from the outsourcer.
- The second phase of this project included gathering the requirements for the insourcing of :
- Network components
- Network circuits
- Desktop components
- Intel server components
- Mainframe print devices
- 3rd Party business partner connectivity
- Outsourcer employees converting to the company’s employment
- The third phase of this effort included:
- Coordinating the actual transfer of equipment to the company’s ownership
- Movement or new acquisition of equipment to the company
- Transfer of mainframe data
- Transfer of mainframe LPARs
- Enabling mainframe print
- Establishing new network connectivity
- Migration of 3rd party connectivity to the company
- The final phase of this project included:
- Eliminating network connectivity to the outsourcer
- Transfer of asset management functions
- Transfer of the outsourcer’s employees to the company
- Coordination for a cutover weekend including testing
- Acceptance and sign-off on work complete
The company successfully insourced all of the systems and services previously outsourced. This resulted in significant savings for the company and allowed for the further integration of IT Infrastructure systems and processes.